You are here
1st Year PhD Student
- Near Eastern Studies
- “Egypt’s Leader Faces a Crisis of His Own Making—One That Reveals His Nation’s Dangerous Weakness,” Salon, July
2, 2017 (with Steven A. Cook).
- “Don’t Blame Sykes-Picot for the Middle East’s Mess,” Foreign Policy, May 13, 2016 (with Steven A. Cook).
- “Egypt Instability Looms as Morsi’s Fate Hangs in Balance,” IPI Global Observatory, June 3, 2015.
- “Neither Shocked nor Awed: The Arab Reaction to the Iran Deal,” From the Potomac to the Euphrates (CFR.org blog),
April 9, 2015.
- “Revolutionizing Religion in Sisi’s Egypt,” From the Potomac to the Euphrates (CFR.org blog), February 2, 2015.
- “Lights Out for Al-Nour,” From the Potomac to the Euphrates (CFR.org blog), August 6, 2013 (with Alexander Brock).
- Published numerous articles for the Hoya, Georgetown University’s student-run newspaper of record, as a contributing writer from September 2009 to January 2011, reporting on on-campus academic and social events.