You are here
- Anthropology of Iran
- Shi'ism: Debates & Discourses
- Near Eastern Studies
- Religious Studies Program
- Anthropology of Islam
- Islam and Governance
- Contemporary Sufi Thought and Practice in Iran
- Contemporary Shi’i Thought and Practice in Iran
- Literary Cultures
- Aesthetics and Mediation
- NES 2515 : Anthropology of Iran
- NES 4537 : Shi'ism: Poetics and Politics
- NES 4991 : Independent Study, Undergraduate Level
- NES 6537 : Shi'ism: Poetics and Politics
- NES 6991 : Independent Study: Graduate Level
- “Unremarkable Evidence: Investigating the Private and Digital Archives of Sufis in Post-Revolutionary Iran” for Comparative Studies of South Asia, Africa, and the Middle East; accepted for Special Edition on “Islam and Regimes of Evidence,” forthcoming 2018.
- “Text and Contest: Theories of Secrecy and Dissimulation in the Archives of Sufi Iran” in Sufism and Shi’ism in the Early Modern and Modern Eras, IB Tauris with the Institute for Ismaili Studies, forthcoming February 2018.
- “Listening, Non-Knowledge, and the Auditory Body: Understanding Sufi Zikr Ritual as Sites of Aesthetic Experience” in Saints and their Pilgrims in Iran and Neighboring Countries, Vantage, Sean Kingston Press, June 2012.
- “Haunted Sound: Nothingness, Movement, and the Minimalist Imagination” (with Jason Mohaghegh as first author) in Environment and Planning D: Society and Space, February 2011.
- “Open Sounds, Hidden Spaces: Listening, Wandering, and Spatial Formation in Sufi Iran,” for Cultural Anthropology.
- Unknowing and the Everyday: Sufism and Knowledge Production in Post-Revolutionary Iran (Manuscript)
- “Women's Religious and Social Activism in Iran” in Oxford University Press's Handbook of Islam and Women; accepted, forthcoming 2019.