Kroll Travel Awards
The Kroll Travel Award, in honor of Professor Ross Brann, is potentially offered to students traveling to the Israel or the Palestinian Territories to participate in academically recognized archaeological digs and/or other academic programs.
The deadline for submission is March 3 (Extended to March 17 for 2023 submissions).
- Awards will range from $250-$1000
- Competition is open to graduate & undergraduate students
- Awards are contingent on Cornell approval of travel
Applications must include:
- Project proposal (1-2 pages)
- Budget (including documentation of costs when possible)
- Brief description of other funding sources
- Letter of recommendations from one of your Cornell professors
Awards will be made based on the quality of the proposed project and its connection to Near Eastern Studies.
I never imagined that I would be able to pursue both my academic and religious interests at such a high level in one summer. - Jeremy Zarge '25
I learned and experienced many things during my stay in Israel and am deeply appreciative of Kroll for providing me this opportunity. - Jay Weimar M.A. Archaeology